4/14/13

Still waitin' for the 5th wheel.

Hey Everyone,
It's been quite a while since we posted. We are still in the process of squaring things away and can't really take our initial trip until I get the trailer and truck. The trailer we bought at the RV show is no longer our trailer. We decided to let the folks at "Colman's Country Campers" in Springfield, Illinois have the one that we bought for their own purposes and ordered one from the factory. It is due to be delivered by May 15th, 2013. It will take that long for the retirement process to be completed anyway, so it worked out for both Colman's and us.

It is harder than I thought to find good trailer insurance. I tried going through AARP (Hartford) and filled out all of the forms, only to find they don't insure full time RVers. I found a company called Foremost that sounds like a good deal, but when I went to one of the Farmers insurance agents in Pekin, Illinois they provided a quote but couldn't answer any of the questions I had. The lady at the agency said the quote 'is what it is' and did not attempt to answer any other questions. I intend to try a different agency that represents Foremost before I start looking at Good Sam insurance.

Even though we don't have the trailer yet I have been having a blast. Since I dont't have to go to work every day I've been able to do things that I've always wanted to do but haven't had the time or energy to do. I'm feeling better every day, spend more time with the grandkids located in Pekin and Peoria, spend more time reading the Bible and learning about Jesus and became a deacon at Town and Country Baptist church.

Cindy and I will be changing the name of our blog and possibly the hosting site. As we make changes I will post them to this blog.

If anyone can help with advice on which trailer insurance is best please feel free to post to this blog. I would like to have some suggestions.



No comments:

Post a Comment