5/20/13

Many Firsts

After many, many years of doing the same old thing Cindy and I are going to begin a lot of firsts. As an example our pastor was gone over the weekend and since I am one of the deacons of our church I was able to participate in this weeks Sunday service. I was also able to spend some time with one of the church members and pray with them before their surgery. This was a great growing experience for me.

We finally found a vehicle to pull our fifth wheel. It isn't exactly what I wanted but I believe it is the right vehicle for us. It is a GMC Sierra 3500 crew cab with 2wd, and it's a dually. It is set up with a trailer towing package but doesn't have a hitch yet. I will be driving to Colmans Country Campers in Springfield Illinois within the next few days to get the hitch installed. This will not be a cheap installation. I believe it will cost around $1,400 for the hitch and installation.

I didn't get any replies to my question about full timers RV insurance so I ended up with GEICO insurance for both the Truck and the fifth wheel. The things I learned about full time RV insurance are: 1. I tried to deal with local agents and found they didn't seem to have enough time to answer questions. 2. RV full time insurance is really a combination of vehicle and homeowners insurance. 3. I would advise anyone to get replacement coverage. In case the trailer is a total loss they will replace the trailer with a newer model.

Direct TV is also something that will be a first as of June 3rd. We will be cancelling comcast soon. Cindy and I will be dish heads.

I believe our first campsite will be Kentuckiana campground by Hopedale Illinois. I will provide additional information about the campsite in a later blog.

Summary of our firsts:
First church service I helped to execute.
First time I went to the hospital to pray with someone before surgery (Cindy Helped).
First time Cindy and I will own a truck.
First time Cindy and I will own a fifth wheel
First time we will camp in our new home.
First time we will distribute our family heirlooms and furniture to our kids.
First time we will have a moving / liquidation sale of our possessions.


Our dreams are about to be realized. I should get the truck tomorrow and the trailer is at the dealership and almost ready to go. We should be able to pick it up within the next week.

I will begin blogging more often now that we will start camping soon.

I never look at tasks as things I have to do, but things I get to do by the grace of God. God is good.



No comments:

Post a Comment